KG1 – G6
Students in kindergarten to Grade 6 are automatically promoted. We make recommendations for improvement and monitor the progress of these students; we provide the needed support in order to help the students reach the expected grade level standards as much as possible. All this information is communicated to parents. In a few cases, some students might not be promoted to the next grade level if they have not acquired the skills needed to succeed in the future.
G6 – G12
- Passing grade is 60% (D-)
- Students need to have an overall final average above the passing grade in order to be promoted; otherwise they will be retained in the same grade level the following academic year.
- If a student has an overall passing average and they fail Math and/or English, they will have to take a make-up exam before the beginning of the next academic year.
- If a student fails any of the Math or English make-up exams, they will repeat the year.
- High school students (G9-12) need to earn a certain number of credits in order to graduate. For the subjects included, they will have to have a passing grade (60% D-) in order to earn the credits needed to graduate.
All grades are calculated in the Grade Point Average (GPA). One credit course is calculated on a 4.0 scale. In order to receive credits for an academic course, the students must obtain a minimum of D-. Students must be present in the class a minimum of 80% of the scheduled class periods; otherwise they risk the chance of not being promoted to the next grade level.