Dress Code Rules:
- Students are expected to be neatly dressed in proper school uniform each and every school day including field trip days.
- Full school uniform should be worn on regular school days.
- PE uniform must be worn on PE days only along with sports shoes.
- Girls should have their hair neatly tied back with no loose strands.
- No hats or hoodies are allowed in the classroom.
- Boys are expected to keep their hair cut short.
- Nail polish, make-up, hair coloring, and hair gel or creams are not allowed.
- Nails must be kept short and clean.
- Jewelry and accessories are not permitted. Stud earrings (one pair only) for girls and inexpensive watches are allowed.
- Students are not allowed to write on their school uniform.
Safir students are expected to uphold all school rules and conduct themselves in a manner that shows respect to their classmates, teachers, and all other school staff. School personnel will be required to maintain a safe learning environment at all times. As such, disorderly or disruptive behavior will not be tolerated. Every student has the right to learn and no student has the right to interfere with the learning, safety, or well-being of another student.
Students should treat school property with care and respect. When an item is damaged due to negligence, unauthorized use, or vandalism, the parent of the student at fault will be held financially responsible. Students may be held accountable for damage to school property and consequences issued.
K12 is our School Management System. The students can access they portal using their school email and password. Parents, students and teachers can send each other messages. Students can view assignments and their grades (per quarter). Admin will always share important messages on this platform.
The Class Dojo application is preferred as a means of communication in the KG department as it allows for not only communication, but a daily upload of pictures and videos to keep the parents updated about the game-like learning activities.
Use of Books:
The school does not provide textbooks free of charge. The book package per grade should be purchased from the schools. The supplies packages should be provided by the parents according to the list of requirements. All books and supplies should be clearly labeled with the child’s full name and grade level.
- The school library is open for student use throughout the regular school days.
- Students are encouraged to use the library to check out books, do research and study, or for in-library reading with their parents on Saturdays.
- Books may be checked out for two weeks at a time.
- All fees for lost or damaged material will be assessed at replacement cost.
For the safety and comfort of all bus riders, students are expected to respect and follow the bus rules. Inappropriate behavior, vandalism, and infraction of bus rules are not acceptable and will be brought to the attention of parents and school administration.
- Board and exit the bus in an orderly, safe manner.
- Remain seated while on the bus.
- Use a quiet voice when talking with other passengers.
- Keep all parts of the body inside the bus windows.
- Treat the driver, childcare, and fellow students with respect.
- Treat the bus and other private property with care.
- Keep the bus clean.
- Do not throw anything out the window.
- Improper behavior on the bus might result in suspension of school bus service for a period of time.
- If problems continue, the student will not be allowed to use the bus service for the remainder of the year without refund.
Bus Pick up / Drop off:
- Please make sure your child is ready on time in the morning.
- The bus will wait for only 2-3 minutes after the assigned time.
- The bus will not return for late students and the bus round cannot be changed to accommodate late students.
- In the afternoon, the person responsible for receiving the child should be on time.
Regular hygiene and hair and nails checkups will be conducted periodically. Parents will be notified of any health or hygiene issue detected.
A child who needs hospital attention will be transported to hospital immediately and parents will be notified by phone of where to meet their child.
- Field trips are an enjoyable and beneficial method for young students to learn, and often supplement the academic program. A field trip day is considered a regular school day and attendance will be taken.
- Payment for field trips is included in the set school fees and all students are expected to attend all planned trips.
- Students must bring written permission with the parents’ signature on the field trip form in order to attend a planned field trip.
- Students who are not going on school trips are asked to stay at home. No supervision will be available at school for students not attending the trip.
- All school rules and regulations are applicable on field trip days.
- If pocket money may be needed on field trip days, parents will be notified on the field trip arrangement a memo.