Safir International School offers an international program based on American standards and at the same time, we teach Islamic subjects in Arabic and English. We also teach three languages to our students English, Arabic, and Turkish.
So we combine the international standards of education with values-based education in a flexible format for our students coming from different countries around the world.
Overcoming the Challenges
- Difference in cultures and background of the students and teachers
- Finding qualified teachers especially native speakers of English
- Offering education to a big range of grade levels in the first year from kindergarten to grade 10
- The need to teach three languages, English, Arabic and Turkish
- Finding a good building in a suitable area
- Establishing the needed school facilities
- Getting the permission and license from the Turkish ministry of education to be an international school and meet all the requirements in a short time.
- Supporting the parents and staff, who are mostly foreigners, in settling in Turkey
SIS Academic Program
We offer an American program to our Kindergarten to Grade 12 students that is based on California State Standards.
In addition to using English as the main language of instruction, we teach the Arabic language which is the Holy Quran language. We also teach the Turkish language as a third language which allows our students to mingle and enjoy the country they are living in.
In addition to teaching the core subjects, English, Math, Science and Social Studies, we teach the following subjects: the Holy Quran, Islamic Studies, Islamic History, Arabic, Turkish, Art, Music, Physical Education and Computer & IT.